Finds of the Week:
- The Barbeque, Huffington Post — a wonderful piece about love and marriage.
- The Hidden Risk of Epidurals, Mothering — A leading Australian physician discusses how this invasive procedure actually impedes labor and harms both mother and baby.
- If Obesity is the Disease Then Why is My Child Diagnosed the Healthy Eater?, Homemade Mommy — SERIOUSLY!!!
- It’s Not Okay to Yell at Your Kids, Family Your Way — “The way we talk to our children becomes their inner voice.”
- The Mix: The Songs Of The Summer, NPR Music — Summer hits from 1962 to today
- Opening a Closed Door: An Unexpected Relationship Between a New Mom & a Lactation Consultant, Full Belly Sisters — the story of a mother and breast cancer survivor learning to breastfeed — this is so beautiful.
- Papa, Don’t Text: The Perils of Distracted Parenting, The Atlantic — The importance of talking with our babies, not just around them or to them.