Finds of the Week:
- Dan Barber’s Culinary Crusade, Wall Street Journal — a brilliant defense of local eating from chef Dan Barber
- Debating the Local Food Movement, The Atlantic — a disection of the latest attack on locovorism (anti-modern, fundamentalism, etc)
- Don’t Touch My Child! Lessons from Asia, InCulture Parent — on our irrational fear of abduction and sexual predators
- How Old Is Too Old To Have a Baby?, Slate — new technology is allowing for ovarian tissue freezing and transplant to delay menopause in a way that was never available before. How ethical is it to allow women in their 50’s. 60’s and beyond to have children?
- Nectarine Preserves with Basil, Epicurious — I have to make this.
Cordelia Newlin de Rojas
Thank you for including my post in your Saturday Surfing selection. I am so pleased you liked it and am grateful the ping-back allowed me to discover your wonderful blog! All the best, Mama living in SouthEast Asia.