Finds of the Week:
- Battle Brewing Over Labeling of Genetically Modified Food, NY Times — Battle heats up over GMO labeling; note what GMA says foodcos will do if it passes.
- A Life Worth Ending, New York Magazine — The era of medical miracles has created a new phase of aging, as far from living as it is from dying. A son’s plea to let his mother go. I agree with him – I’d never want a “life” like this.
- Peonies, Posie Gets Cozy — love, love, love this childhood memory
- The Suicidal Pregnant Woman and the Politics of Motherhood, Slate — Bei Bei Shuai, the Indiana woman charged with murder and attempted feticide for trying to commit suicide while pregnant, was recently released from jail for the first time in more than a year. She posted bond, and now she waits for her trial in December. I’m not sure I like where this is going.
- You Asked. They Answered. TIME’s AP moms take your questions, Kelly Mom — An interview with the four moms featured in Time’s controversial article on attachment parenting.
No pins this week, because I want to share some videos, but you can also see my pins on Pinterest.
First up, I just had to share this awesome proposal. So neat.
And this just made me laugh out loud.
Amber, would you put that proposal on Facebook?
Or tell me how to do it. I love that music!