Finds of the Week:
- 90 Percent of Corn Seeds Are Coated With Bayer’s Bee-Decimating Pesticide, Mother Jones — Boo!
- Does Thinking About God Improve Our Self-Control?, Wired — This is really interesting, especially because they found that you don’t have to believe in a God to be impacted by thoughts of one
- A Generation Hobbled by the Soaring Cost of College, NY Times — We’re chipping away slowly…just like everybody else. Oh yeah, and this is why we will be pushing state school, not our own alma mater.
- The Push is Powerful Stuff, Mothering — A look at the hurdles some women have to jump to be able to push during delivery. (Not me, pushing felt good, but I like this all the same.)
- My Son Looks Like a Girl. So What?, Motherlode — A nice piece by a mother about why making more room for gay marriages in our culture allows everyone, gay or straight, more room to be themselves.
- Welcome to the latest iteration of the “cupcake wars:” Massachusetts v. bake sales, Food Politics — Marion Nestle’s take on our state’s recent reversal of legislation limiting bake sales in schools