Finds of the Week
- How to Get More Likes on Facebook, The Oatmeal — This is BY FAR my favorite find of the week.
- The Myth of Sustainable Meat, NY Times — Op-Ed about whether meat eating can ever be sustainable.
- Sex and the Office: Evolving Depictions of Working Women, Slate — A slideshow of images depicting women in the office — Mad Men isn’t as fictional as we might like to believe.
- Ten (Super Rad) Blog Post Ideas, Joy the Baker — Joy’s suggestions for when writer’s block hits, interspersed with pictures of her wonderful food
- U.S. Tightens Rules on Antibiotics Use for Livestock, NY Times — farmers will have to get a prescription for antibiotics for sick animals rather than routinely giving antibiotics in feed. Finally.
- What’s Easter without a Whipping?, InCulture Parent — a post about the Czech tradition of men and boys whipping women on Easter. I found this very troubling.
This week’s pins are all from my web design board. I started it not too long ago and am using it to link to websites that I like, plugins and tools, backgrounds, and inspiration images. If you are into website building or are managing your own site, this board will (hopefully!) be a good resource.