Finds of the Week:
- Cardboard Playhouse, Eclectic Mom — I knew I was saving all those cardboard boxes for a reason!
- Eating Animals, The Atlantic – a great, balanced article about the ethics of eating meat.
- FDA Backs Off Withdrawing Certain Antibiotics from Livestock Use, Food Safety News — Obama administration caves on regulating antibiotics in livestock. Have we already forgotten about the antibiotic-resistant bacteria in the turkeys???? Boo.
- The Most Real Things In The World, And Also Santa Claus, Her Bad Mother — This presents an interesting argument for why we should tell our children Santa exists, touching upon Plato’s concept of the “noble lie.” Not only is it a good read, but it reminded me of how much I need to be using my philosophy degree in my life/parenting/writing.
- Organic Agriculture May Be Outgrowing Its Ideals, NY Times — Good NYT piece on the globalization of organic. How green is it now? When making your New Year’s resolutions this year, resolve to join a CSA!
- What’s with the problems with powdered infant formula?, Food Politics — Marion talks about the latest scare regarding bacteria in powdered formula and why powdered formula is problematic. Her bottom line: if you aren’t breastfeeding, liquid formula is the safest option.
1. 2012 Planner 2. 2012 Flora & Fauna Desk Calendar 3. 2012 Overdue Book Calendar 4. 2012 Printable wall calendar 5. New Years 2012 Party Kit 6. Custom Name Journal 7. 2012 Mountain Calendar 8. Calendar 2012 9. New 2012 Recycled Hanging Wall Calendar – with postcards See more of my Etsy favorites here.