- Adequacy of Milk Intake During Exclusive Breastfeeding: A Longitudinal Study, Pediatrics — Results of this prospective study reveal that when mothers are well supported and follow the World Health Organization recommendation on breastfeeding, milk intakes are high and increase over time, and there is adequate energy intake, normal infant growth, and no marked changes in breastfeeding practices. This is another study whose results support exclusive breastfeeding, without the introduction of solids, for six months.
- Ask Michael Pollan, NY Times — Michael Pollan answered questions from readers.
- Breastfeeding, Long-Chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids in Colostrum, and Infant Mental Development, Pediatrics — New Study: Greater levels of accumulated breastfeeding during the first year of life were related to higher mental development at 14 months, largely independently from a wide range of parental psychosocial factors.
- Going Out (Age 21 versus Now), Crappy Pictures — If you’re a mom, you’ll love this.
- Two things on GMO labeling: A video of (then candidate) Obama promising to mandate labeling on Food Democracy Now and a petition you can sign at Just Label It.
- The Immediate Impact of Different Types of Television on Young Children’s Executive Function, Pediatrics — New Study: Just 9 minutes of viewing a fast-paced television cartoon had immediate negative effects on 4-year-olds’ executive function.
- Strengthening Things, Remedial Eating — I’ve really been enjoying this blog. This particular post is about managing her child’s illness. Lovely pictures and a great recipe for a natural cough suppressant.
Etsy Love1.Halloween Paper Dolls 2. Trick or Treat Blocks 3. October 31 Burlap Pillow Cover 4. Haunted House Craft Kit 5. October Tree Original Watercolor 6. October Saying Vinyl Letters 7. Candy Corn Ribbon Decoration 8. October Table Runner 9. Lil Pumpkin Baby Hat
See more of my Etsy favorites here.
Love the pics!