- 7 Ways to Fight Slavery at the Grocery Store, Change.org — A quick list of the top food items that often include real-life slavery in their production.
- Back to school lunch: bibliography, Food Politics — Marion Nestle provides a nice round up of books and articles for parents who want to work on improving the meals at their kids’ schools.
- How To Turn a Pancake Into A Healthycake, Fooducate — Just this morning: spinach in pancakes? Sounds intriguing.
- Lovelorn Poet in NYC: Wishes, Lovelorn Poets — This is a really sweet poem just thrown out there.
- Why Americans Value Independent and Competitive Kids, InCultureParent — Interesting look at how our values impact our interactions with our children (babies in particular).
I don’t have a child going “back to school” but I really love lunch boxes and want an excuse to buy one for Nora. Is going to the playground good enough? Here’s some Etsy love in honor of lunch box love:1. 14 Wooden Forks -Where The Wild Things Are 2. Organic Lunch Tote with Love Birds 3. Traveling snack bag in Ready set go Airplanes 4. Love Your Lunch Box Turquoise with Red Polka Dots 5. Lunch Box Notes 6. Eco Lunch Box Tote in Birds 7. Personalized Custom Modern Circles Lunch Box 8. Cloth Napkins–for School Lunch Box 9. Kanzashi Lunch Box Purse Yellow Flower
See more of my Etsy favorites here.
Thanks for the shout out! BTW – did you see this one? I think you’ll really like both the poem and the photo. 🙂 http://www.lovelornpoets.com/2011/09/02/missed-connections-in-orange-county-ca-i-hope-im-not-just-fireworks-in-your-sky/