- An Author Returns To ‘The Little House’ All Things Considered – I loved these books, too, as a girl; I think they might be what started my interest in voluntary simplicity and (unsuccessful) attempt in college to spent a summer with an Amish family.
- Hitting the Bottle, NY Times – OpEd on the dangers of BPA substitutes in plastic. It’s BPA now, but in two years, it’ll be something else. This is why we used glass baby bottles and a glass sippy cup or Klean Kanteen.
- The It Gets Better Project, a site created to help LGBT teens who are facing bullying, hostility, and bigotry to show the levels of happiness, potential, and positivity their lives will reach – if they can just get through their teen years. The project was started by Dan Savage and his partner Terry in response to the suicides of Justin Aaberg and Billy Lucas last fall, and takes video submissions reaching out to LGBT young people. It’s such a wonderfully positive and amazing site. You can watch Dan & Terry’s It Gets Better video here. There’s so many incredible videos on the site, like this one from Apple, go check it out.
- Losing Custody Because She Has Cancer, Motherlode – A North Carolina woman is ordered to send her children to their father in Chicago because a judge fears she will become too ill to care for them.
- When a Home Birth Ends in Tragedy, Can the Midwife Go to Jail?, Slate
1. Paper Plane Wall Graphics 2. Wooden Storybook Blocks 3. Funky Farmhouse Repurposed Wood Shutter 4. Bicycle Basket Liner and Mini Tote 5. Stretchy rosewood mala bracelet 6. vintage 1950s Fortunes Darling party dress 7. Birds Hand Printed table runner 8. Colorful Fabric Flag Garland 9. Daisy Doodle Green – set of 4 Napkins
See more of my Etsy favorites here.